Interesting People mailing list archives

Interesting-People Message on Griot

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 16:12:11 -0400

As a matter of policy I will not remove archive messages except under very special reasons. I do welcome this type of update.

Dave

Begin forwarded message:

From: Paul Saffo <psaffo () iftf org>
Date: May 14, 2005 9:41:25 AM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: Interesting-People Message

All,
Some months after my January 2002 post ( http://www.interesting- people.org/archives/interesting-people/200201/msg00179.htm ) , Griots switched from Halon to Halotron extinguishers -- Halotron of course is an EPA-approved alternative to Halon. Contemporaneous with my 1/2002 posting, I was in direct contact with Griots, and I was happy enough with the exchange that I continue to be a customer of their catalog.

And a note about archives. Back when I was working this issue, I had multiple individual followups with list members and conversations with Griots. At the time, I wrote a thank you note to Griots when they changed their policy, and notified a large number of people I knew would be interested. But figuring it would not be of interest to the entire group, I did not make another post to the IP list. Thus, if one only looked in the IP archives, one might assume that Griots never responded. This is something to consider in any future conversation posted to IP; namely, you are writing not just for the community today, but the community years from now.

-p