Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Law would put 'In God We Trust' in schools

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 17:04:42 -0500

------- Original message -------
From: Stewart, William C (Bill), RTSCG <billstewart () att com>
Sent: 7/4/'05,  11:33

A proposed law, now awaiting action in the state House,
would require the [In God We Trust] motto to appear in every
public school classroom, auditorium and cafeteria in Pennsylvania.

When they put "In God We Trust" on the coins, they were still silver,
and the Federal Reserve Notes could still be exchanged for the
silver that was backing them, though FDR had stolen all the gold.
Now the coins are just shiny metal, and Fed reneged on redeeming their
banknotes,
and while you can still trust God, the slogan is a constant reminder
that you can't trust the government that put the slogan on them.

If they put the motto on the schools, I guess that's saying that
you can no longer trust the education, auditorium speeches,
and cafeteria food, and if you want the real thing, go ask God.
With the cafeteria food, that was never a surprise...

??Bill Stewart, annoyed at politicians violating the
??commandment about not taking God's name in vain.