Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Sports Illustrated[!]: Iraqi soccer players angered by Bush campaign ads

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:30:36 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jim Zellmer <zellmer () virtualproperties com>
Date: August 22, 2004 6:54:08 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Sports Illustrated[!]: Iraqi soccer players angered by Bush campaign ads

Hi Dave:

I have to say that I appreciate your interest in presenting all views on
these subjects.  I commented today on the recent Kerry/Cambodia matter
here (again, trying to look for all views).

http://www.zmetro.com/archives/000652.php

August 22, 2004

The Emporer Has No Clothes

There's been a fascinating discussion online regarding John Kerry's Vietnam war record statements vis a vis the media's attention to President Bush's Vietnam era National Guard service (Note: I'm no fan of either one). The story illustrates, however, the terrible condition of many major media organizations.

I always thought the purpose of news organizations was to inform (perhaps that's an idealistic approach) the thinking public. Thank God for the internet, and our ability to route around these outages (the first blogger, Dave Winer, started largely because the tech press rarley got things right).

<snip>

Jim

I strongly disagree with the tone of this reply I received. Forst I did
not intend to embarrass Marcy. He stated his opinion and that opinion
seems to be shared by a significant number of Americans.

Time for my general statement yet again on IP. I want to present all
views on such controversial subjects. While I try to be non political
the time are the times and almost everything ends up sounding
political.

Dave

Begin forwarded message:

"Dave, what's the point of propagating such idiotic drivel to IP?
Is it to expose and embarrass Mr. Marcy to the thinking world?
Is there a FAQ somewhere that describes the content of this list?
Thanks."