Interesting People mailing list archives

Dirty doings - Just looking at the unbalanced scales;-)...\Stef

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:28:56 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Nathan Dintenfass <nathan () changemedia com>
Date: August 22, 2004 7:31:56 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Dirty doings - Just looking at the unbalanced scales;-)...\Stef

[I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses like this, but feel free to send back to the list if this adds anything beyond those....]

Oh, the poor GOP. Those unfair liberals spending their money to defeat Bush -- oh, the outrage!

Seriously, though, what Kerry is now complaining about is direct coordination between the Swift Boat Veterans and officials from the Bush campaign -- and that is expressly forbidden by the campaign regulations that the Washington Times editorial lauds. Not to mention the blatant falsehood of the claims in the Swift Boat ad.

To say that MoveOn compared Bush to Hitler is such a tired falsehood that it strains decency to continue to spread this rumor. As most of your readers know, MoveOn hosted a competition for which hundreds of anti-Bush ads were submitted. One of those did draw parallels between the Bush Administration and the Nazis. MoveOn did not make that ad, they did not air that ad, and they removed the ad from their web site when it was brought to their attention. The most cursory of Google searches makes those facts clear, but as the Swift Boat Veterans demonstrate once again, the Bush team does not let Truth get in the way of their quest for power.

That so many grassroots fundraising efforts have succeeded in raising so much money to fight back against the Radical Right's take over of our country gives me hope. That Kerry calling out Karl Rove for playing dirty is somehow a "flip-flop" (another tired falsehood) does not stand up to the most cursory scrutiny.

Nathan Dintenfass
nathan () changemedia com