Interesting People mailing list archives

more on CNBC censors DNC

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 15:57:30 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Trei, Peter" <ptrei () rsasecurity com>
Date: August 2, 2004 2:20:24 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] more on CNBC censors DNC

For IP, if you wish:

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Meeks, Brock (MSNBCi)" <Brock.Meeks () MSNBC COM>
Date: August 2, 2004 10:27:33 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] CNBC censors DNC

Okay, let's just take a deep breath and back slowly away from
creeping
conspiracy that the "anti-choice conservative networks" are all
participating in a massive [government sponsored!!?] experiment in
"GroupThink(tm)."

I'm somewhat mystified by the 'the networks did
not carry enough of the DNC' complaint. So what?

Only a small fraction of US households still
receive TV only via terrestrial broadcast. The
vast majority get cable or satellite TV, which
almost invariably carry CSPAN. CSPAN had gavel
to gavel coverage.

Almost anyone who wanted to watch any part of
the DNC could do so. Why should the networks
duplicate the effort, at the cost of millions
of dollars in ad revenue?

There was very little of interest in the Dem's
4-day infomercial; nor, I suspect, will there
be in the GOP's infomercial later this month.

By 'of interest' I mean something important,
which could not have been predicted ahead of
time.

Peter Trei