Interesting People mailing list archives

a different take on airport security

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 07:50:07 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Meng Weng Wong <mengwong () dumbo pobox com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 00:10:52 -0500
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: a different take on airport security

http://pennandteller.com/sincity/penniphile/federalvip.html

  I insisted on his name and badge number.  I filled it out with my
  name.  The supervisor, I think trying to intimidate me, asked for my
  license, and I gave it to him happily as he wrote down information.
  I kept saying, "Please get the police," and they kept saying, "You're
  free to go, we don't need the police."  I insisted and they got a
  higher up, female, supervisor.  I was polite, cold, and a little
  funny.  "Anyone is welcome to grab my crotch, I don't require dinner
  and a movie, just ask me.  Is that asking too much?  You wanna grab my
  crotch, please ask.

------ End of Forwarded Message