Interesting People mailing list archives

March 4 th and the White House

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:52:48 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Esther Dyson <edyson () edventure com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:32:44 -0500
To: farber () cis upenn edu

another one..from someone nameless

Talked with a friend last night [about a] March 4 event.....
at the White House; presentation of
congressional medals to jessie norman and others, has been cancelled. Their
contact at the national endowment of the arts told him that all cultural and
social events at the White House "in that window" had been cancelled.

Inference drawn: bush will be in the war room and they don't want to appear
to be sipping champagne while ..... For some reason, this scares me more
than troops massing near the possible front, since those are chess pieces
that can be pulled back and forth to send signals. Cancellation and clearing
the decks is something else... Or at least it seems that way to me.

Esther Dyson                    Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
writer, Release 3.0 (on Website below)
edyson () edventure com
1 (212) 924-8800    --   fax  1 (212) 924-0240
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com

The conversation continues..... at
http://www.edventure.com/conversation/