Interesting People mailing list archives

more^2 on Airline war use

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:03:52 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Paul Levy <PLEVY () citizen org>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:13:29 -0500
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Airline war use

As an airline passenger, what worries ME about this program is not
whether the airlines get paid for their vehicles; my concern is that I
want to be sure that when I am flying, folks who want to shoot down
military aircraft know that I am not flying on one.  Not that there
aren't some groups that have no compunction about attacking civilian
planes, but many governments still distinguish between civilian and
military targets,  thank goodness.  And I wonder whether it is a good
thing for the safety of the civilian passengers of American air carriers
to have this blurring of mission

Paul Alan Levy
Public Citizen Litigation Group
1600 - 20th Street, N.W.