Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: IP: Not pleasant reading: from the January 17 issue of TheNew York Review of Books.

From: David Farber <dfarber () earthlink net>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 07:04:46 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: mhoward () nybooks com (Matthew Howard)
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 17:22:54
To: farber () cis upenn edu
Subject: Re: IP: Not pleasant reading: from the January 17 issue of The
 New   York Review of Books.

Dave,

I thought you might be interested to know that as a result of the
posting below, Jo Procter and I met, and she kindly invited me to
visit Williams College, where last week my colleague Edwin Frank and
I spoke to faculty, staff and students about electronic publishing
(my work with the New York Review's archives) and books (Edwin's work
with the NYRB Classics series).

The talk was sponsored by the Center for Technology in the Arts and
Humanities at Williams, and CTAH's director Mark Taylor (whose name
you might recognize from his work with Herb Allen on the Global
Education Network) gave us a warm welcome and a provocative
introduction to the discussion.  It was really an excellent event.

This may be a rather small ripple in the IP pond but I thought you
might like to hear an example of how your readers are making
non-virtual connections as a result of your work.

Best regards,

Matthew