Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: NEW LAW WOULD CRIMINALIZE FALSE WHOIS INFO

From: David Farber <dfarber () earthlink net>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 16:49:30 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Steinberg <synthesis () videotron ca>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 16:41:51
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: NEW LAW WOULD CRIMINALIZE FALSE WHOIS INFO

Dave,

...guess I should start renting out my mailbox...
I think they need you back in DC.

from Michael Geist's Internet Law News list.
might be of interest to IP readers

Dan Steinberg
Synthesis:Law & Technology

====================================

NEW LAW WOULD CRIMINALIZE FALSE WHOIS INFO
Two US lawmakers have introduced in the House of
Representatives a bill that would impose criminal penalties
on Internet users who knowingly submit incorrect contact
information when registering domain names.  The bill allows
for fines and jail sentences up to five years for violators.
 Draft bill at
http://www.lextext.com/coble.pdf
Coverage at
http://www.newsbytes.com/news/02/176371.html