Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: COMDEX relents on laptop computers

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 17:07:55 -0500

Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:46:06 -0500
From: Tom Rombouts <rombouts () compuserve com>
To: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>

Hi Dave -

Perhaps partially as a result to your quick spreading of this story, COMDEX
has now decided to allow laptop computers (but not laptop bags) into the
COMDEX exhibition.

Here is most of an email I got today from Bill Sell, Vice President &
General Manager of COMDEX:

..the carrying of laptop bags is what the policy was to cover, and the statement has been revised to note that people can indeed bring a laptop with them on to th e floor -- just no laptop carry bag. Also, the 'no bag check facility' has been eased, per the security consultant, and we will have a more than sufficient space to house luggage and bags people might want to get back to throughout the day.

Tom Rombouts, Torrance, CA

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/