Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Bay Area reconnected to @Home

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 09:45:22 -0500

Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 06:40:42 -0800 (PST)
From: "Joseph C. Pistritto" <jcp () dmwhe com>
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Bay Area reconnected to @Home

A number of people I know and my house in Belmont are now connected to
network 12, AT&T Broadband.  They were running through connections quite
quickly Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning.  The upgrade for me was only
making my gateway acquire a new DHCP address from the network after
chaning the domain name segment that as "home.com" to "attbi.com.  My
transition happened Tuesday morning, i know other people who were done
Monday evening and Tuesday afternoon.  No word on other AT&T systems like
Hartford, CT yet.

I'm not sure that Excite@Home can be considered *the* most poorly managed
company in history, but I'm certainly glad not to be a customer anymore,
and their late-game antics certainly point in that direction.

Appropriately, the creditors who shafted customers to try to pressure AT&T
will get *nothing* for their efforts since AT&T dropped the bid.

There are 4 really nice multi-story buildings with a view of Highway 101
that are available for rent in March however.  Complete with a fireman's
pole between floors in one of them...

Best regards,
   -jcp-

For archives see: