Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: DSL in Distress

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 08:52:17 -0800

From: "Ed Reames" <ereames () capu net>
To: <farber () cis upenn edu>

Dr Farber,

I have been in data communications since 1974 when I went to work for one of
the leading modem vendors which was when it took two people to carry a modem
around and digital services did not exist.  Ten years later, I worked on the
first Novell servers that ran on a star wiring arrangement and Novell
actually made the server and the software.  I installed my first gateway on
the Arpanet a couple of years later.  I still design voice/video and data
networks for small businesses.

This is an article that states my position on the use and disuse of DSL
today.

http://www.nwfusion.com/net.worker/news/2000/1204distress.html

Ed Reames

Delta Data Services