Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re: ABCNEWS.com Cell Phone Guns Discovered

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 11:20:01 -0800

Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 14:20:47 -0500
To: farber () cis upenn edu
From: Matthew Gaylor <freematt () coil com>

Nothing really new here-  I've seen pagers either firing a single .25 ACP
round or acting as a concealed holster for a small auto for several
years.  Plus North American Arms has been making their mini-revolver in
.22lr as the center piece on a decorative belt buckle for maybe 15
years.  Several different walking cane guns are available as are umbrellas
that either have a gun or sword blade concealed.  I've seen one specimen
that was disguised as a woman's lipstick that was really a single shot .22
(Talk about looks that Kill).

Working guns have been made concealed into the bottom of a shoe as early
as the America Civil War.  There are even gun collectors who specialize in
such guns.

Regards,  Matthew Gaylor-

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/