Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Anti-monopoly Fervor Distorts Interagency DNS Working

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 09:49:07 -0500

It is time for an editorial comment. This note is being sent to com-priv in
the next hour, so it will be very public. I am sure I will be blasted by
several people who will say I am giving a stage for Gordon to perform and
should not do so. I feel very strongly that well reasoned and researched
notes bear exposure to this list which I consider not a public list. It is
the only way to see the spectrum of opinions and events that are molding
the information age. Whether you agree with Gordon is your prerogative.

I will , as I have always said, distribute well written responses to any IP
note.

I also insist on repeating that I do not necessarily agree, endorse or
support things I distribute to the IP list. All I do is try in my humble
way to keep you informed so you can decide yourselves.

Dave

ps PERSONAL opinion added. I see nothing sinister in Crockers note, just
Dave's sometime use of emotionally loaded words.  Again you call it as you
see fit.