Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re: a serious misunderstanding

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 04:29:03 -0400

Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 19:04:35 -0700
To: farber () central cis upenn edu (David Farber)
From: Dave Crocker <dcrocker () brandenburg com>

At 5:27 PM 10/2/95, David Farber wrote:
I am surprised at Simon if this is an accurate quote. We
live in a world with excess infomation -- TV, newspapers,
radio, people, organizations etc. We have learned (at least
the successful people) to manage and extract value out of

        Dave, your parenthetical phrase is the key.  Are the successful
people the same as the 'average' people?  Are people, in general, good at
filtering carefully and extracting the most salient information in a world
with a glut of overstimulation.  I think not.

d/

Dave Crocker                                                +1 408 246 8253
Brandenburg Consulting                                fax:  +1 408 249 6205
675 Spruce Dr.                                     dcrocker () brandenburg com
Sunnyvale, CA  94086 USA                   http://www.aimnet.com/~dcrocker/