Interesting People mailing list archives

More on the .GIF factor

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 1995 19:56:18 -0500

Date: Tue, 3 Jan 1995 16:53:15 -0800
From: "Brock N. Meeks" <brock () well sf ca us>
To: farber () central cis upenn edu

Dave, this just in from the WELL, it's from a CompuServe official
that is able to speak to the .GIF dust up.  As you'll see, he has
given permission to repost his comments.

Unisys, as it turns out, seems to be the "bad guy."

 -- Brock

Topic 658 [eff]:  CompuServe/Unisys Lower the Hammer on GIF
#29 of 30: Tom Mandel (mandel)      Tue Jan  3 '95 (16:27)    51 lines

 I asked Tim Oren directly about this and here's what he said, with
 permission to pass it along...