Interesting People mailing list archives

#1 Re: TDN (Thesis Defense Network)

From: Clay 'Slave to EXAFS' Randall <MUTANT () vx cis umn edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1993 19:31:56 -0500 (CDT)

        In YSN #1319 (8/12/93), W. Zhang asks if the idea of a public
thesis defense channel (as put forth by the New Yorker) is a good one.
        I think it's a great idea- for insomniacs who aren't even
cured by the Fish Channel. We need more soothing programs on TV to
help us sleep, and not violent ones that may give us nightmares and
turn our children into homicidal maniacs. Three cheers for the TDN
(Thesis Defense Network)!

                                        -Clayton Randall

P.S. My defense is Monday. It will not be televised.

[ ysn-adm responds: I have also heard it said that "The Revolution
  will not be televised."  Perhaps this is The Sign? ]