Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Incident legal plan??

From: "Michele Jordan" <security_lists () michelejordan net>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:21:02 -0400

When I worked for Sprint in the Network Security department, we could do
lots of research, reporting, etc for our customers on the idea that it was
customer service, UNTIL law enforcement was brought in.  Once law
enforcement was involved, we required a subpeona for any information.

Worth a call to the ISP to ask their policies before proceeding.  "What
would you do if you were in my position?" is a wonderful question for
getting the information about the best way to proceed from someone who
knows.

-Michele