Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: SSH probe attack afoot?

From: "Matt Fisher" <mattfisher () comcast net>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:41:18 -0500

I don't even bother tracing stuff like this anymore.  Its way too easy to
proxy your requests, and I haven't gotten much mileage out of abuse
departments in the past .   I think this mail list provides a much better
response mechanism :)

I have a couple single hosts pounding on me than I take more "proactive"
measures but in general I'm sitting back and amusing myself at the lame
dictionary these folks / things are using.