Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Wireless router behaviour

From: "Mike" <mike () superiorholidayadventures ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:25:08 -0400

If the attacker placed the router, s/he may have very well changed the
OEM firmware to some custom (probably Linux) firmware.  Have you tried
pointing a web browser at the 714P's IP address?  If you get something
other than the default D-Link setup screen that would mean that the OEM
firmware was replaced with something else.  An NMap scan may also show
what OS is running on it.

Sincerely,

Mike Fetherston