Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Systems compromised with ShellBOT perl script - part 2

From: Andreia Gaita <shana.ufie () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 08:25:56 -0700

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 18:37:52 -0500, Kirby Angell <kangell () alertra com> wrote:

This time I was more prepared and have gathered more data on the script
and what the bad guys are using it for.  I have packaged the data into a
.tar.gz file if anyone wants a copy of the whole thing including scripts.

Yes, if you could send it, please, I'd like to take a look at it.

~ doze4 identifies itself as:

* * doze4 - written by phyton
* * doze4 rOckz! evite hosts.. use ips!
<ip>     : endereço que deseja f***r. (address that it desires to f***r)
<porta>  : porta aperta  (coloque 0, que é rOckz) (door presses (places
0, that he is rOckz))
<spoof>  : um ip para ser spoofado (sua mascara). (a to be spoofado IP
(its masks))

doze4 as well as .egg2 was written by someone who speeks Portugese.

He's definitely from brazil... %|
Weird python spelling though... and I bet he went to babelfish to
translate the stuff. eh.

shana
developer and otherwise computer nut