Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: New piece of spyware?

From: "Rob" <johnnehb () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 00:06:56 -0400

At first I thought this was a virus that my friend had a while back, but
then I checked the site you posted. It actually is a security site, and
looks legit so.. If its your client sending the adverts, check your .ini
files for timers (search for something related to sockets (GET)) and if its
not yours then its just a basic news site script modified for this site.

Hope this helps
-Robert