Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: New piece of spyware?

From: "Rob Shein" <shoten () starpower net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 16:11:43 -0400

What's in your mirc.ini, script.ini and remote.ini?  And what version of
mirc are you running?  There are some vulnerabilities in some versions of
mirc, and worms that take advantage of them.  In addition, there are several
worms that look for (and infect) mirc, even though they may spread via
another vector.