Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: wmon16.exe

From: Meidinger Chris <chris.meidinger () badenit de>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 17:41:53 +0200

Those symptoms sound exactly like some variant of agobot/phatbot.

info:   http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32agobotlb.html
        http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32agobotrg.html

there are lots of variants, and it will probably not be fun to clean. If you
are not patched, I would probably turn off your switches at this point.

As far as the name, the best I can find is this, nothing concrete:

        http://anticode.antionline.com/download.php?op=geninfo&did=35122

Good lunk, feel free to mail if you want to talk,

Chris