Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Massive increase in spam volume?

From: Thamer Al-Harbash <tmh () whitefang com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:58:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Steven Trewick wrote:

Pretty please ?  Otherwise this thread really amounts to little more
than "I saw spam!", "me to", "AOL!", which is sad, as it may well be
that very useful information is being developed.

Just my $LOCAL_CURRENCY 0.02, no offence meant :-)

Unfortunately that may be all that becomes of this. I'm not in a
position where I am agile enough to do in-depth research while my
SMTP cluster is being pounded into the ground.

We were being hit hard from all sorts of places and I wanted to
see if the volume was noticably higher for other ISPs. From
rise last weekend. Although it may very well be a placebo
effect. People just agreed based on my assertion.

This week has been mostly uneventful for us though.

--
Thamer Al-Harbash
GPG Key fingerprint: D7F3 1E3B F329 8DD5 FAE3  03B1 A663 E359 D686 AA1F