Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Scans from proxyprotector.com

From: Shawn Duffy <pakkit () codepiranha org>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 10:59:13 -0400

On Sat, 2003-05-17 at 06:31, Mark Ng wrote:
Hi,

After reading their site (www.proxyprotector.com) , it appears that this is
to do with connections to IRC servers, They don't claim to be scanning the
whole Internet - are these scans against hosts that you use IRC from ?

I have more connections from proxyprotector than any other single host
in my Snort logs... and I don't use IRC at all... so them suggesting
that this is only related to IRC is bulls***...

Thanks,
--
Shawn Duffy, CCSA CCNA
email: pakkit at codepiranha dot org