Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Scans from proxyprotector.com

From: George Theall <theall () tifaware com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 12:48:48 -0400

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 11:31:12AM +0100, Mark Ng wrote:

After reading their site (www.proxyprotector.com) , it appears that this is
to do with connections to IRC servers, They don't claim to be scanning the
whole Internet - are these scans against hosts that you use IRC from ?

My home machine has been scanned by them once daily for the past four
days.  Each time, tcp ports 1080, 3128, and 8080 are targetted.  I don't
use IRC and have never attempted to connect to any hosts on
proxyprotector.com's network, certainly not for the past week for which
I keep logs.

Googling news for proxyprotector as well as 64.201.104.2 (the host they
seem to scan from) suggests they're black hats.

George
--
theall () tifaware com