Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re[2]: Weird Profile in Documents and Settings

From: Jyri Hovila <jyri.hovila () iki fi>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 20:10:58 +0200

Hi!

Check out what's the creation time of the mysterious profile folder --
does it correspond to any timed event in your network such as
network-wide backups, anti-virus software updates or anything similar?

Who owns the profile folder? (Hint: right-click on the folder, then
Properties => Security => Advanced => Owner) Is the user who owns it
Properties => local or a domain account?

If you try to remove the folder, does the system let you do it or does
it say it's in use and can't be removed?

If the profile folder can be removed, try to restart the workstation (or
server) and see if it's back right after startup. If it's not,

Yours,

Jyri