Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: new IIS worm? (rcp lsass.exe)

From: "Gaydosh, Adam" <GaydoshA () ctcgsc org>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:40:03 -0400

I've never heard about this, does anybody else care to comment on MS patches
not actually installing the files?  From what I understood, in cases where
the MS tools returned a vuln you thought you've covered, it's because they
require a work around and not a patch [e.g. the hfnetchk warning].  The only
case I've seen a installed patch fail a check was when software I'd since
installed regressed a file.