Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: new IIS worm? (rcp lsass.exe)

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 20:02:38 +1200

zeno <bugtraq () cgisecurity net> wrote:

Does anyone know of a gui windows tool that scans your system and
provides you with a list of needed patches, and then allows you to
select, and have it autodownload and install them? I can't seem to
find one (needed mostly for iis).

No offense meant dude (OK, so I lied) but if you or your client
"need" a GUI patch checker for IIS _and_ the box(es) in question are
on the Internet, at least one of two things is wrong:

1.  The wrong people are admin-ing/maintaining the box(es)

2.  The boxes are connected to the wrong network

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald