Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: DOS ATTACK

From: Gary Flynn <flynngn () jmu edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:25:39 -0500

Based on some email I've received and some comments that have
been posted, I'd better explicitly state that my comments were
in no way meant to disparage law enforcement. I commend them
for their efforts and their successes working in an environment
entirely unconducive to their mission.

Gary Flynn wrote:

I believe it says a lot about the sorry state of the Internet
when all the suggestions to a crime of vandalism or harassment
consist of technical measures and nobody has suggested law
enforcement. Are we all reduced to fiefdoms needing our own
department of defense and without the protection of our
legal system? Where else are such frequent crimes so nonchalantly
expected and dealt with by the victim?

I realize that law enforcement probably has more pressing
problems needing its limited resources but this is getting
pathetic.

--
Gary Flynn
Security Engineer - Technical Services