Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: DOS ATTACK

From: "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonathan () networkdweebs com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:10:59 -0500

If he's got it up on his website in a ton of 1-pixel frames, chances are
all his [the attacker] web visitors are loading several copies of the
victim's page.  The only real way to filter that would be by filtering
based on HTTP_REFERRER.  Unless I'm mistaken I don't believe Apache yet
has a mechanism to enforce mandatory delays between the same page being
loaded from the same IP.