Security Incidents mailing list archives

SV: Unusual volume: UDP:137 probes

From: "Peter Kruse" <kruse () railroad dk>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 08:35:20 +0200

Hi,

I have also registered aggressive probes on port 137 as well. The
increased trafic might be due to the fact that there is a new Internet
worm called W32.Opaserv.Worm (Symantec) in the wild. The worm is
searching for network shares. Symantec has raised the risk level to 3
(Medium). For analysis of the worm see:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.opaserv.worm.html

Med venlig hilsen // Kind regards

Peter Kruse