Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: nouser - rootkit ?

From: Kyle R Maxwell <kylemaxwell () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:08:06 -0800 (PST)

Obscure though it may be, a rootkit might have been written for IRIX
either due to intentional targeting of a particular organization, or
with the realization that IRIX deployments are typically fairly
powerful installations, not your run-of-the-mill ISP (this includes
folks like NASA, etc.) There have even been a few major websites that
ran on IRIX for a good amount of time.

So an IRIX rootkit, while not near as common as one for, say, Solaris
or Linux, might still be useful to a lot of folks.