Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: increase of scans against port 1524

From: Drew Schaffner <drew () bioeng ucsd edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:37:15 -0700 (PDT)

Another great reference for port searching is:
http://andrew.triumf.ca/cgi-bin/port

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, GrdnWsl wrote:

AFAIK, this port is also used for the Trinoo trojan.  I've been seeing
some scans on my on this port in my netblock as well... not too many,
but some.  Although, I haven't really seen an increase per se.  Anyhow,
you might want to check out www.neohapsis.com.  They have, somewhere on
their site (can't remember where exacly) a list of ports and what
viruses/trojans/worms run on them.  They also have a version in
/etc/services format.  It's come in handy to figure out why a particular
port is being scanned.

High Speed wrote:
Hi,

last 2 days I noticed an increased scan against port 1524

ingreslock    1524/tcp    ingres
ingreslock    1524/udp    ingres

Are there known issues with this port ?
Recently found vulnerabilities ?

thanks

HS

For more information on this free incident handling, management and
tracking system please see: http://aris.securityfocus.com

--
Drew Schaffner
Department of Bioengineering