Security Incidents mailing list archives

Surge of attacks on ports 61127 & 61134

From: Joseph <joseph () netSecureLabs CA>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:55:33 -0400 (EDT)

This morning my logs showed me a surge of new UDP packets attacks, mainly
to ports 61127 & 61134 . I can't find any info on this, so I'm wondering
what it can be.

It seems very well known, if I can say, because source IPs are from
everywhere, I must have gotten a good 50-80 probes.

I see alot different *dip.t-dialin.net  orgin sources, which
*dip.t-dialin.net seems to make the top 10 attack list at dshield and
incidents' website.

Curious, new virus? or attack tool?

I don't have a log of the packet, justs its denial attempt. Normally, all
my attacks are standard stuff, this pops out like really new...