Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: China Experience ?

From: Curley Mr Eric P <CurleyEP () NOC USMC MIL>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 13:20:00 -0400

When you are referring to black hole do you mean Black Hat (bad guys) list?
CHINANET is a very big offender when it comes to Incident based activity.
Now take into account that that does not mean that is where the attack is
originating from.  It also does not mean that the sysadmin's are ignoring
abuse complaints; there are usually massive amounts of incidents that this
region has to attend to and there is usually a lack of personnel or
knowledge to compensate for the demand.  Other subnets to look out for are
from Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong.  I have seen many incidents coming from
these netblocks as well. Performing Arin lookup's and IP index research will
give you a quantitive list of IP's to keep an eye on after incidents occur.