Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: How to cope with, uhm, "mentally challenged" abuse personnel?

From: "Ralf G. R. Bergs" <rabe () RWTH-Aachen DE>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:07:53 +0100

On Sat, 03 Mar 2001 10:56:45 -0600, Utopian Admin wrote:

[...]
The usual answer I receive from UUnet is the following:

   "The type of internet traffic you describe appears to be of normal
origin."
[...]
Escalation works, some of the time.  When I was in circut support, many
moons ago, we could escalate issues with AT&T and MCI until they were under
direct scrutiny by their district managers/VPs.  I'm sure the lackeys you're
speaking to aren't the heads of the UUNET security department ;)

Well, how do you escalate an incident with UUnet? I mean UUnet is one of the
largest ISPs. How do I find out who their "provider" is? Or do you refer to
escalating the affair inside UUnet, i.e. ask to forward my message to their
supervisors/managers? Will they listen or just laugh in my face?

Thanks.

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\