Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: AOL hackings

From: "Meritt James" <meritt_james () bah com>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 14:41:18 -0400

I do all the time, and when I connect via AOL I notice a lot of scans
INTO it.

Newbies looking for newbies....

"Jonathan A. Zdziarski" wrote:

I've noticed some user[s] from AOL have been running port scans on our
systems, and even tried to make SSH connections to our boxes (which are
libwrapped).  Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this from AOL's
network.

--
James W. Meritt, CISSP, CISA
Booz, Allen & Hamilton