Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: AOL hackings

From: "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonathan () cafejesus com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 17:14:15 -0400

what annoys me isn't the number of hacks from AOL, it's the fact that their
abuse department is always slow to respond and sometimes, doesn't do
anything.  Looks like some other folks on this list have the same problem.
Hacks in themselves are nothing more than an annoyance, but it's insulting
when the ISP doesn't do anything about it.  At least this way they could be
lazy since packets wouldn't come through.

As for AOL users being technically inefficient, I'm sure there are some
geniuses using AOL, but the fact that my servers are still running says they
can't be the brightest black hats out there.