Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: UDP port 1345 (VPJP ??)

From: Peter Freeman <peter () NDL CO UK>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:24:45 -0000

I had the same problem with my machine, I tracked it
down to ngctw32.exe which was started from
runservice on my Win98 machine. Deleting that
registery key solved the problem, and it never
happened again.

ngctw32.exe was installed with Norton Ghost, the
properties of the exe describe it as Norton Gost Client
Agent. If anyone can tell me what it was reporting to
ip 229.55.150.208 and why, it would be nice.

I have traffic from inside my network (mutltiple
stations) to outside (229.55.150.208) UDP port 1345.
In every list i look this is called VPJP.
Does anyone know what this is?