Security Incidents mailing list archives

Findfast connections on arbitrary networks

From: Sean Brown <srbrown () NYX NET>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:40:23 -0000

Has anyone detected unusual Netbios Session
(TCP/139) attempts to arbitrary network addresses
and traced it back to the program Findfast.exe
(part of the Office 97 suite in the Microsoft
world)?  I have drilled down into various list
archives looking for references and found none.
I've got some interesting captures emanating from
some devices inside my network.  I wanted to see
if anyone else had seen this type of activity.

Sean Brown
Applied Geographics, Inc.
Boston, MA  02110
srbrown () appgeo com