Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: @home: Is *anyone* really home there???

From: root () RGFSPARC CR USGS GOV (Robert G. Ferrell)
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:01:39 -0600

Ya know, I held my silence, but this one just has me boiling over.

I used to run an ISP, and I'd get this crap at least 100 times a day.  When
coming back from a nice relaxing weekend, I'd usually DREAD reading my
email, because it was filled with all this "Jammer" hogwash.

Yeah, it seems to me that any implementation of a security product that in the
process of "protecting" a system generates a de facto denial of service attack
is seriously messed up.

RGF

Robert G. Ferrell, CISSP
Information Security Officer
National Business Center, US DoI
Robert_G_Ferrell () nbc gov
Nothing I have ever said should be construed as even vaguely
representing an official statement by the NBC or DoI.