Security Incidents mailing list archives

.:: 14x :: Information :: New DDoS/Trojan ::.

From: nine () 14X NET (Erik Tayler)
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 18:33:14 -0500

Recently I posted a message to incidents about a new DDoS/Trojan I had discovered. I hope you have all been reading
replies to the post as they are very insightful. I just wanted to make a few closing comments about this, so the thread
can dwindle away into nothingness, and people know what is happening.

1 - A few of the people that have been in contact with 14x Network Security have analyzed the DDoS agent, the official
name for it is "Omega", keep an eye open for that.

2 - Be aware of files that you recieve from outside sources, trusted or not. One of the greatest ways to put an end to
this DDoS nonsense is to simply be aware. Omega disguises itself as in.identd [auth], a common and trusted service.

3 - I suggest that everyone that reads this should check their system for Omega, make sure your in.identd is legit.

4 - If someone sends Omega to you, contact the proper authorities, or let me know, nine () 14x net.

If you would like more information about Omega, please contact me.

Erik Tayler
14x Network Security
http://www.14x.net