Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: update on scans of tcp 12345 AUSCERT#36349

From: sterwill () SOURCEGEAR COM (Shaw Terwilliger)
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 11:09:31 -0500

Russell Fulton wrote:
Oh, yes.  Source addresses seem to be mostly dialup or cable/dsl
address and are spread around the world.

APNIC addresses (210.0.0.0/7) are over represented -- between third and
a half. Those that I looked up were predominantly Korean with a few in
Japan. There are quite a lot form home.com, sympatico.ca,
videotron.net, da.uu.net (cable providers?), and a smattering from
around the rest of the world including Europe.

I have a single static IP dialup, and two days ago I received a similar
scan on 12345, so it's not just you.  It appears to be from a cable
provider (excite@home).

Jun  6 20:20:11 port 12345 connection attempt from cr458475-a.lndn1.on.wave.home
.com [24.112.54.236]

--
Shaw Terwilliger <sterwill () sourcegear com>