Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Attacks from cr595282-a.hnsn1.on.wave.home.com [24.112.41.167]

From: m_a_n_i_a_c_ () HOTMAIL COM (Maniac .)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:33:50 GMT

Hi Jeffrey.

See this is the problem.  I have time and time again emailed abuse () home com
and I am alway redirected to someone else and then I never get a response.
Is this how you guys deal with problems?  Just keep redirecting the person
until they gret frustrated and give up?

I have since cancelled all of my and my customer's @home services and gone
to the local Telco (Telus) DSL.  Much faster and much more secure, I get
half the amount of attemtped intrusions and when I do get them they actually
respond quickly.

Imagine that..............

My name is Jeffrey Papen and I work in the Excite@Home networking and
security department.

For any issues involving abuse by an @Home subscriber, please call
650-556-5399 or email abuse () home net.  FYI, you will have better luck with
the phone than with email.

For this particular address space, 24.112.x.x, the cable company Rogers
takes care of their own abuse issues.  I have CC:d them, but for future
reference, they're at abuse () rogers home net

Thanks,
- Jeffrey