Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Attacks from cr595282-a.hnsn1.on.wave.home.com [24.112.41.167]

From: ah1 () SECURITYFOCUS COM (Al Huger - Mail Account)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:43:58 -0800

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Maniac . wrote:

Must be a rare case.  Here in Calgary they are pathetic.  In the last little
while I have cancelled over 32 connections with them for my various
customers and have gone to Telus DSL.

Well, I can't say as I have the same experiance. The majority of the
engineering for SecurityFocus.com takes place in Calgary (small world
eh?). We use Shaw, it's excellent for us. Moreover, I have dealt with
Jeffery in the past and am pretty confident he is extremely concerned
with the state of his network. Let's all take a second to realize that
we are *all* overworked. Pointing fingers is not going to solve a problem
it simply makes things antagonistic, which helps very little.