Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Annoy Those Sub7 Scanners.

From: H Carvey <keydet89 () YAHOO COM>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 18:18:49 -0700

How about this...don't run anything at all, and the
script kiddies drop by once and for the most part just
go away?

To whom are you "proving beyond all doubt their
malicious intentions"?  The cops?  Your logs do not
constitute evidence.  Their ISP?  They can just as
likely ignore you as cancel their account.  So what's
the point of all these logs?  Besides, running a
FakeBO is tantamount to leaving "Welcome" in your
telnet banner...