Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Annoy Those Sub7 Scanners.

From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 15:06:41 -0400

On Sun, 27 Aug 2000 08:09:08 PDT, H Carvey <keydet89 () YAHOO COM>  said:
What I've done is installed Win32-snort on my NT
system.  About once a week or so, I'll run a script

Once a week? Hmm..

Once that is done, the script can run nmapNT against

If it's over a few minutes later, and the source was a dialup, you
almost certainly just nmap'ed the wrong user, who may or may not retaliate
with complaints or worse.

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst